A cross-specialty solution for ultrasound training
The U/S Mentor is a high-end medical simulator for the training of ultrasound-related examinations and interventions.
The U/S Mentor offers a multidisciplinary, realistic hands-on training for the ever-growing utilization of ultrasound in medicine especially at point of care (POC) setting. It provides residents, fellows, and practicing physicians an opportunity to acquire and improve their sonography-related skills on a variety of virtual patients.
The simulator, is designed to provide the optimal educational environment to reach and demonstrate competency levels.
U/S MENTOR PLATFORM
The U/S Mentor™ simulator combines realistic male / female mannequins with true-to-life external landmarks and realistic virtual patients for the practice of scanning and diagnosing various anatomies and pathologies.
Training on the simulator provides a true-to-life experience, using emulated ultrasound probes for transthoracic, transabdominal, transesophageal and transvaginal procedures.
The platform includes an innovative all-in-one computer with large high definition multi-touch screen. The configuration is enhanced by a wireless keyboard, a wireless mouse and a foot switch for simple, convenient user operation.
U/S MENTOR FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Offering realistic ultrasound training and objective assessment The U/S Mentor provides educational and clinical environments for comprehensive training of ultrasound exam protocols:
The U/S Mentor provides educational and clinical environments for comprehensive training of ultrasound exam protocols:
• An elegant modular platform supports both desktop and standalone configurations
• True-to-life, palpable mannequins can be alternated for continuous training
• Realistic probe switch for immediate alternated approach: TTE/TEE, TAS/TVS
• A true-to-life complex ultrasound image, presenting common ultrasound attributes and artifacts
• Basic to advanced image enhancement tools and controls are freely available
• Advanced diagnostic tools are at the user’s disposal: Color Doppler, CW, PW, M-mode,
measurements and more
• Realistic anatomies physiology and pathologies offering a diverse range of normal to abnormal
• Training to the full extent of the actual procedure: starting with patient complaints and tests,
through scanning and documenting, and complete with clinical interpretation and reporting the
• Skill Tasks and Step-by-step Procedural Tasks provide a self-learning opportunity and save
valuable faculty time
• Advanced educational environment optimizes the individual learning curve, offering external
visualizations, anatomic labels, tutorials, immediate performance feedback and more.
• A unique Case Severity feature allows for multiple scenarios creation using a single case, thus
tailoring the diagnostic complexity to the learner experience level
• Ongoing metrics capturing of accuracy and efficacy measurements, image analysis, etc.
supports self-progress monitoring, as well as competency assessment by an instructor
• Both Technical Skills and Diagnostic Interpretation are being practiced, assessed and reported
• Unique training management system – the MentorLearn offers enhanced capabilities of trainees
and training management, including progress monitoring, benchmarks setting, remote access
and multiple simulators interface.
U/S MENTOR LIBRARY OF MODULES
A cross-specialties simulation platform designed for an ever-expanding library of modules
3D Systems collaborates with medical experts in order to continuously add training modules for ultrasound-related examinations and procedures. All modules incorporate virtual patients based on real patients with diverse pathologies, abnormalities, and anatomies.
Current modules include training curricula for ultrasound examinations performed by radiologists, cardiologists, internists, emergency and critical care physicians, gynecologists and obstetricians.
The U/S Mentor is the only training simulator to offer training modules using real ultrasound scans alongside modules based on full virtual reality simulation.
Virtual reality modules
Our extensive library of virtual reality modules offers trainees a comprehensive educational environment including true-to-life anatomies, advanced diagnostic tools, full performance assessment and more.
Training includes Step-by-Step Procedural Tasks and diagnosis of various healthy and abnormal cases.
Focused Clinical Scenarios – NEW
These modules feature real ultrasound scans as captured by medical experts.
The focused diagnostic environment provides trainees with an opportunity to improve their diagnostic expertise of diverse pathologies, from high incidence to rare abnormalities.